TELECOMMUNICATIONS HELP DESK SUPPORT SPECIALIST
This is a full-time position responsible for providing first level technical assistance to customers. Logs, tracks, escalates and resolves work orders by fielding telephone calls and emails through a ticketing software system.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Telecommunications Help Desk Specialist performs some or all of these duties and responsibilities on a daily basis:
- Promptly handle incoming phone calls and email requests from customers and field technicians.
- Provides first level technical assistance.
- When necessary, escalates problems to the appropriate secondary level of support resource or management for resolution.
- Ensures the accurate and complete logging of all calls and information into the ticketing software tracking system.
- Dispatches work orders to the appropriate resource based on the reported problem, technology, location and skills required to ensure efficient, effective, and timely resolution.
- Assists with projects as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements
Ideal candidate will have several years of experience in the telecom/data industry. Home office closed off with computer and dedicated broadband.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community. Skilled in the use of a computer as a productivity tool and possess working knowledge of email, Internet web browsing, and the Microsoft Productivity Suite.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be courteous and polite.
- Good verbal, telephone, and written etiquette.
- Working knowledge and understanding of a broad range of telecom technologies.
- Able to follow instructions, work without direct supervision, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be reliable and possess good organizational skills.
- Aptitude to quickly learn and understand evolving technologies.
- Work from home with a computer and phone. Candidate must have reliable dedicated high-speed broadband.
- Applicant MUST have a dedicated, private, interruption free home working environment.
- Works from home but may be required to travel for training.
- Simple IRA plan matching up to 3%.
- Work from home.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation and holiday pay.
Salary: Based on experience. The candidate must include salary requirements.
No phone calls, please. No head hunters. Submit resumes to: